Historical Papers: Best viewed with Foxit Reader.
Ernest Esclangon (1876-1954):
1. (1926) On the mechanical and optical dissymmetry of space in connection with the absolute movement of the Earth. (English Translation)
2. (1926) The Sidereal Dissymmetry of Space and the Tidal Phenomenon. (English Translation)?>
3. (1927) On the optical dissymmetry of space and the laws of the reflection. (English Translation)
Dufour and Prunier:
1. (1942) On the Fringe Movement Registered on a Platform in Uniform Motion (English Translation)
Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955):
1. (1905) On the Electrodynamics of Moving Bodies.
2. (1911) On the Influence of Gravitation on the Propagation of Light.
Herbert Ives (1882-1953)
1. (1933) Standing Light Waves; Repetition of an Experiment by Wiener.
2. (1937) Light Signals on Moving Bodies as Measured by Transported Rods and Clocks.
3. (1937) Apparent Lengths and Times in Systems Experiencing the Fitzgerald-Larmor-Lorentz Length Contraction.
4. (1937) The Doppler Effect Considered in Relation to the Michelson-Morley Experiment.
5. (1938) An Experimental Study of the Rate of a Moving Atomic Clock.
6. (1952) Derivation of the Mass-Energy Relation.
7. (1953) Genesis of a Query "Is There an Ether?"
8. (1953) Note on "Mass-Energy Relationship."
Hendrick Lorentz (1853-1928)
1.(1899) Simplified Theory of Electrical and Optical Phenomena in Moving Systems. (Off site)
2. (1904) Electromagnetic phenomena in a system moving with any velocity smaller than that of light. (off site)
Albert Michelson (and Morley):
1. (1886) Influence of Motion of the Medium on the Velocity of Light. (off site)
2. (1881) The Relative Motion of the Earth and the Luminiferous Ether. (off site)
3. (1887) On the Relative Motion of the Earth and the Luminiferous Ether. (Off site)
Albert Michelson and Henry Gale:
2. (1925) The Effect of the Earth's Rotation on the Velocity of Light. Part I. (off site)
3. (1925) The Effect of the Earth's Rotation on the Velocity of Light. Part II. (off site)
1. (1913) Regarding the Proof for the Existence of a Luminiferous Ether using a Rotating Interferometer Experiment. (Off Site).
1. (2001) A local-ether model of propagation of electromagnetic wave. (Off site)
2. (2001) Reinterpretation of the Michelson-Morley experiment based on the GPS Sagnac correction. (Off site)
1. (1998) From the triangle Sagnac experiment to a practical, crucial experiment of the constancy of the speed of light using atomic clocks on moving objects. (Off site)
2. (2004) Generalized Sagnac Effect. (Off Site)
3. (2005) First-Order Fiber-Interferometric Experiments for Crucial Test of Light-Speed Constancy. (Off site)
1. (1992) Galilei Covarient Electrodynamics of Moving Media with Applications to the Experiments of Fizeau and Hoek. (Off site)
2. Fitzgerald Contraction, Larmor Dilation, Lorentz Force, Particle Mass and Energy as Invariants of Galilean Electrodynamics. (Off site)
1. (1914) Fresnel's Coefficient for Light of Different Colours. Part 1 (Off site)
2. (1914) Fresnel's Coefficient for Light of Different Colours. Part 2 (Off site)